Hi friends! Long time no chat. I’ve been wrapped up in work for my wedding photography, unplugging a bit for the holidays, and welcoming our two new kittens that we recently adopted! Things have been crazy in the best possible way, but I’m excited to get back to the blog and share some tasty things with you guys :).
Today’s recipe is a super easy tomato bolognese! I recently photographed this recipe for a company, but new after tasting it that I wanted to share it with you guys too! It’s easy to make and the type of meat you use is versatile. While I used ground turkey, you can definitely use ground beef, pork, chicken, etc. Just choose your favorite and sub it in!
This pasta dish has a creamy tomato sauce that tastes delicious on top of your favorite pasta noodle! It is packed full of flavor and makes a cozy dinner as we settle into the winter months.
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, beef, or pork)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 4.5-ounce tube Tomato Paste (I used Amore)
- 2 TSP finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fettuccine or other pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the meat of your choice and cook, stirring often to break up the lumps, until the juices evaporate and the meat is lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tomato paste. Add the broth and water. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add a little more water if the sauce is too thick. Stir in the cream.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add the pasta and salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and cheese. Serve hot.