Because with a title like Hot Fudge Banana Muffins, how can a recipe go wrong?
That’s right, you can’t! If you can stuff fudge into any sort of baked goods, you have a winner recipe on your hands.
I had two bananas that were on their last leg, so I knew it was time to heat up my oven and make some banana bread. I knew I wanted to try out this recipe since it’s so highly rated, but I also wanted to put a little bit of a twist on things. I found a jar of hot fudge that had miraculously escaped my stomach from a few weeks ago and I had my answer!
This recipe is absolute perfection. The banana bread base is fluffy, full of perfectly sweet flavor, and absolutely addictive! The hot fudge swirl is the perfect bit of extra indulgence and make the muffin tops even more delicious.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used two medium bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the mashed bananas and sour cream. Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until combined.
- Grease a muffin tin and spoon in each muffin tin ¾ full. Add a dollop of hot fudge on top of each muffin and use a knife to cut through it to spread it over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.