You guys! I’m so excited about this recipe for a few good reasons.
1. It’s DELICIOUS. Seriously, you need this in your life. It is bursting with all the best spring/summer flavors: lime, sweet corn, crunchy veggies, creamy avocado, a kick from the chile, and a smidgen of parmesan… because when is that ever a bad idea. I could not keep myself from snacking as I styled the big ol’ bowl for photos.
2. It’s one of the effortlessly healthy recipes. You know when you try to healthify a recipe and it’s just realllllllllyyy not doing it for you? That’s how 95% of healthy cookie recipes are for me (minus this one for The BEST Healthy Cookie Ever) and, when it comes down to it, I usually end up questioning why I even attempted to remake a recipe. This recipe just takes natural, from-the-earth goodness and mixes them all together. And it’s phenomenal!
3. It’s so versatile! I could eat this plain, just as a salad, or make a big batch and use them to accompany other recipes. They would go amazingly with Mexican-inspired dishes like my Loaded Chorizo Breakfast Tacos, any sort of fish, chicken, or pork dish that needs some sprucing up, or even mixed into some pasta for a fresh weeknight meal. I could go on and on, man.
4. THIS recipe is the first one I’ve photographed in our new apartment! You guys. Our place is so cute. It’s not anywhere near done in terms of decoration, but it just has the cutest lil’ apartment bones. It’s clean, has white walls and simple trim, the prettiest light wood floors, and get’s GREAT light since we have a corner unit and have not one, but two big windows in our living room. Kyle and I are both so in love with and have remarked daily how happy we are here. Hooray! I’m planning on doing a little blog post tour soon, but want to have things come together a little more before sharing. Stay tuned!
I am so dang excited to start hosting little get-togethers with friends and to serve this dish up (though we prooooobably will need more than just two dining chairs haha)! It’s one of those recipes that is guaranteed to be a hit and it comes together so easily and will store in the fridge for a good number of days so you can just eat it alone or add it a a flavor bump to other foods!
Happy Friday, friends!
- ½ shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups canned sweet corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½-1 serrano chile, seeds removed and minced
- juice from 2 limes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Combine the shallot, bell pepper, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, avocados, and chile together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic salt, salt, and black pepper. Pour over the produce mix and toss to combine evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle on a little parmesan or cotija cheese!