How bout’ some breakfast tacos to start your morning off right?
Specifically, some loaded chorizo breakfast tacos that have alllll the flavor and the perfect balance of texture!
Kyle and I are set to move in together in early April and I can’t help but think of slow and easy Sunday mornings with plenty of coffee and delicious breakfasts. For most of the week I rely on quick and easy breakfasts (it’s pretty much oatmeal 24/7), so when the weekend comes along and we get a minute to breathe and take life in a little slower, there’s nothing I like to do more than make a leisurely morning meal!
These tacos do take a little extra love and time to prepare with all the different toppings, but it’s so worth it! The interplay between the salty chorizo, fluffy scrambled eggs, hearty rice, and variety of toppings makes for the most heavenly bites. There’s something completely perfect about a loaded and ready-to-go taco with all the fixings. I’m in love.
Better yet, make a big batch and store all the toppings in the fridge so you can have these ready to go on a weekday morning! A little prep and you can eat the most delicious tacos all week long ❤️.
- 1 lb chorizo
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 cup rice (I used a pre-packaged seasoned Mexican rice mix to simplify things, but brown or white will work too)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cojito cheese, grated
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 16 small 6-inch corn tortillas
- optional: limes, mango salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, + any other toppings you like!
- Cook the chorizo in a medium-sized skillet, breaking it up into small pieces with a cooking spoon. Once no longer raw, place the meat on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off excess oil.
- Whisk the eggs with 1 tbsp of milk and salt and pepper. Add a ½ tbsp of oil to the skillet (if you have no extra oil from when the chorizo was cooked) and scramble the eggs until just done. Set the scrambled eggs aside on a small plate.
- Wipe off anything remaining on the skillet and heat each tortilla up for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Set out the taco toppings in small bowls and add whatever you fancy to your taco!