Happy Wednesday, friends! How’s everyone’s week going? We’re making it over that mid-week hump and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Kyle is away on a business trip until Sunday, so I’m willing the time to go by faster until he comes home.
One thing that’s helping me power through (besides coffee) is discovering the magic that is this protein-packed turkey egg breakfast bake!
This breakfast bake is perfect for anyone who is on the go in the morning and needs something fast, delicious, and filling! I struggle with eating enough protein, especially in the early hours of the day. I usually find myself just microwaving a bowl of oatmeal since the idea of putting together some sort of meat or egg based dish seems too time consuming + I just don’t want to have to clean that many dishes. With this recipe, I make a batch on Sunday and can have a super accessible breakfast all week long!
It’s savory, full of all those good breakfast flavors, and just so darn easy. It’s been approved by my family and is a healthy way to start your day with less than 250 calories per filling serving and 28g of protein! While I’m not on a low carb diet, this recipe is naturally lower in carbs if that’s something you’re watching :).
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 6 egg
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 cup thinly sliced potato
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the turkey. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook until done.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg white. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and layer in the potatoes. Top the potato layer with the diced onion, bell pepper, 1 cup spinach, turkey and pour the egg mixture on top. Top with the cheese and layer an additional 1 cup of spinach on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until egg layer is cooked and slightly browning.