This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Evolution Fresh®. All opinions are 100% mine.
And here we are! 2017 has begun and we are well into our way through it! What are some of your New Year Resolutions? I know some people may be against making them since they feel like folks use it as an excuse to not get started with positive change until an exact date, but I personally love the idea since any extra motivation is never a bad thing. It’s exciting to think of a brand new year. A fresh start!
This 2017 feels extra momentous for me since it’ll be my first full year NOT in school since I was in preschool! Helloooo adulthood. I’m determined to make it one of my favorite years yet and have been thinking about my goals. Here are a few!
• Move in to our first apartment. Kyle and I have decided to live at home for the next 6-9 months to save money + figure out where we would like to live, but within the next year we will have our own place! Exciting stuff and I am already perusing furniture options.
• Get a pet (or two). Growing up, I wanted to be a vet from age three to about 20. While my career has gone slightly (haha) off that course to say the least, I still absolutely adore animals and can’t wait can’t wait CAN’T WAIT to get a few of my own. I’m seriously pining for one of my own and Kyle has even had to kindly advise me to “stop looking at so many picture of kittens on the internet” since it gives me a case of the sads. We won’t be getting any animals until we move into our first apartment together, so for now I’ll just have to wait.
• Travel! Growing up, I traveled often since my dad is from Norway and we would go visit family there/explore Europe while abroad. I want to keep the travel bug alive in me and plan trips with Kyle. Not sure when, not sure where, but I am determined to make it happen!
Health and Wellness
• Eat more fruits and veggies. This one is easy and one thing I think we all could strive to be better at. I want to work on nourishing my body with nutritious and natural eats. Simple, positive changes like adding some roasted veggies to your dinner plans, grabbing a banana instead of foregoing breakfast while in a rush, and reaching for a cold-pressed juice can make a big difference in the long run. Oftentimes, I feel like people don’t regard small steps in health as making progress. We rush and jump to extremes to see quick, tangible results. I admit to doing the same! We’re impatient creatures, but it pays big time to slow down and make sustainable wellness goals. When Evolution Fresh® reached out to me about their 2017 campaign themed “Take a Sip in a Brighter Direction”, I agreed completely with their core beliefs of small changes making a big change in your health.
Evolution Fresh is passionate about inspiring people to make simple changes to help catalyze their health goals through their super-premium cold-pressed juice. Their belief is to simply take what nature gives us and craft refreshing and delicious juices that can be easily enjoyed wherever and whenever you want. They carefully source your favorite fruits and veggies and cold-press their juice using a high-pressure processing that helps protect the taste and nutrients of the produce, unlike other companies which use a heat pasteurization method, which affect the taste and nutrient content. Zero artificial colors or flavors are added, so their juice is as fresh and natural as possible! Taking a step towards a brighter direction and reaching your health and wellness goals is as simple as taking a sip.
I found Evolution Fresh at my local grocery store, but it can also be found at select Starbucks (woohoo!). Find out where they are available near you. Their Smooth Greens & Kale is one of their select flavors and is a medley of go-to greens with potassium, has a splash of tropical sweetness & a mint finish, and 7g of sugar per serving.
I’m sharing #MySmallSip tip to keep a few bottles of green juice available when you don’t have time to grab a snack or when you are on the go! I’ve been taking one along with me as I drive to my shoots and love knowing that I’m simultaneously getting in my veggies & fruit while hydrating!
Learn more about Evolution Fresh.
• Move more. Not necessarily just at the gym, but also when it comes to getting outdoors. I like the gym for strength training, but when it comes to getting my heart rate up, my favorite form of exercise is hiking with Tucker and getting outside. I want to spend more time outdoors (I spend most of the day working at a desk) on a daily basis!
• Begin working on photography education, mentoring, and workshops. I’m a really big people-person and love interacting and being social. I’ve found that a huge passion of mine is teaching about what I love and have started mentoring other up-and-coming photographers about shooting, editing, starting their own biz, etc. It’s the BEST and I would be thrilled to continue growing as an educator in the industry.
• Blog a minimum of three times a week and keep my social media active. One of my biggest goals! I’m sure by now you guys have figured out that, when I get stressed or overworked, the first thing that I let slip is Apple of My Eye. I want to be better at working on posts ahead of time (versus the night before) and want to bring the blog slightly more to being a combination of food and lifestyle. Lately I’ve been concentrating on recipes, but there’s not as much fun in that! I want to keep you guys updated on my personal life, Kyle, growing up, things I love, and anything else I feel like chatting about.
And that’s all I have for you guys! What are some of your goals for 2017?