Hands up if you’re all about that pumpkin life!
I’m guessing if you’re reading this blog post, you’re revving up for #allthepumpkin and are looking to add a few new recipes to your collection. And if you are also trying to keep things on the still-delicious-but-lightened-up side, these Skinny Vanilla Pumpkin Muffins are for you!
I’m the kind of person who really can’t be talked to early in the morning before my cup of coffee. Seriously, if you try to engage me in any sort of conversation, all you’re going to get from me is a very unladylike grunt and maybe a little mumbling. It takes a homemade latte with an extra shot of espresso and a half hour of waking up before I’m ready to take on a conversation. Lately, I’ve been getting more into the cozy weather spirit by dressing up my normally plain morning cup of coffee with a little extra flavor by ways of International Delight’s Simply Pure creamers. Made with just FIVE simple ingredients, I can help make my morning cup taste amazing while still supporting the healthy lifestyle I work to lead!
After a few mornings of vanilla lattes, I knew I wanted to spend some quality time in the kitchen and decided to bake up some muffins. I grabbed a can of pureed pumpkin from the cupboard and whipped together a healthier batch of muffins. While they are delicious on their own, the perfect final touch to bring them to the next level involved a 2-ingredient vanilla glaze made with a little powdered sugar and vanilla Simply Pure! A small drizzle later and I was in H-E-A-V-E-N!
My house smells like fall and I couldn’t be more happy about it.
Want to try International Delight’s Simply Pure? Download Cartwheel and get the 20% off Cartwheel offer on the creamers from 9/25/2016 – 10/22/2016. Find Simply Pure at your local Target!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, egg, egg white, maple syrup, sugar, milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Grease a muffin tin and add batter about ¾ of the way full to each one. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- While the muffins are cooling, whisk together 1 tbsp of International Delight's Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer and ½ cup of powdered sugar. Drizzle the glaze on to the muffins and enjoy!