The theme of my last few recipes have been supppaahhh fast, easy, and delicious. Let’s keep that trend going with some Garlic Shrimp Scampi, sound good?
Things have been a little more quiet on the blog side of thing because ya girl has been busy. My photography business has taken off and I’ve been in the process of bringing on other photographers to work on my brand (!!!) along with keeping up with the normal busy season of wedding photography that is the summer. Crazy, exciting… I LOVE IT. Work feels like a dream come true and I wake up every morning stoked to get to work and answer emails. Here’s to hoping that love doesn’t wear off!
But anyways, let’s get back to the food side of things! I love garlic. I love shrimp. I loooove pasta. So when it came to thinking about what I should make for dinner a few nights ago, this recipe was a no-brainer. UGH. You guys. It’s so good it almost hurts. There’s something magical about cooking garlic in a combination of butter, olive oil, and wine and eating this shrimp scampi makes my soul happy.
So enjoy! This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights where you still want something that looks and tastes a lil’ fancy, but you don’t want to do all the work.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- juice from one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb shrimp
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the garlic until fragrant, being careful not to burn it. Add in the white wine and lemon juice and let cook for 4-5 minutes until the wine has simmered down.
- Add in the shrimp and let cook till done. Season the mixture with plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
- While the shrimp is cooking, boil your pasta of choice until al dente.
- Stir together the pasta and shrimp mixture to coat the pasta with the sauce completely. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, heat the ½ tbsp olive oil in a small pan and stir in the panko crumbs, cooking till golden brown. Serve the pasta up and top with the panko crumbs.