Today we’re talking easy, FAST, and delicious!
If I had to eat just one type for the rest of my life, it would 100% be in the Asian department. My faaaavorite flavor combination of all-time is sweet and salty and, since Asian food makes use of these often, it’s a no-brainer for me. I’m pretty sure that brown sugar and soy sauce is a match made in HEAVEN.
And that’s why I’m so in love with this recipe! It combines everything I love in a meal and is done in just 15 minutes. Yes, really! It comes together so incredibly quickly and is just plain delicious. Kyle shares my Asian food sentiments (just yesterday we were eating curry and we looked at each other and said “I just love eating with you”… true love!) and told me after taking one bite that he could eat this for dinner every single day.
Hurray! All the best things in one easy recipe. More please.
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- green onion
- Heat the same oil in a large pot. Add in the garlic and ginger, cooking till fragrant (make sure not to burn!).
- Add in the ground beef, breaking up into smaller pieces.
- While the beef is cooking, whisk together the brown sugar and soy sauce. Add this mixture into the ground beef. Cook until the beef is no longer cooked. Add sesame seeds and green onion to taste. Serve over rice.