How ’bout some cheerful looking lemonade cookies for this sunny Saturday?
In case you needed the perfect light summer dessert, I gotcha covered! These cookies are so, SO easy and you can have a batch done in about 30 minutes which is 👌🏼 if you’re like me and need something sweet pretty much as soon as the idea of dessert pops into your head. There’s sweet lemon flavor bursting from every bite and you couldn’t ask for a more delicate and perfectly-textured cookie. And that GLAZE! I was licking the bowl 😍.
I’m heading up to Santa Barbara today to photograph a cute backyard wedding and will be gone most of the day. I’m slightly jealous of Kyle who is going to be enjoying a plate full of these with some tea in the morning, but can’t complain because he most definitely deserves some relaxation after a long work week!
Happy freaking weekend, everyone!
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 big pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degreed.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and zest.
- Combine the salt and flour in a separate bowl. Mix into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Make 1½ inch balls out of the dough and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minute or until the edges very slightly brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and butter in a small bowl. Dip the cookies in and sprinkle with extra lemon zest for garnish. Let the glaze harden and enjoy!