Mornings! You are the best. There’s a certain peace and quiet that’s absent at all other times of the day and I almost always start the day with a big cup of coffee to help get the sleep out of my eyes.
Lately, my mornings have been heaven. Before I graduated, I had about 10 minutes of peace while I made my coffee, but I almost always had last-minute tasks to do and couldn’t really take in any sort of relaxation. It was all rush rush rush and I felt like my mind was constantly preoccupied and running a thousand miles a minute from the second I got out of bed. Now, I wake up with a little more spring in my step because I can take my time to wake up and lounge without any sort of stress on my shoulders. I’ve actually found myself sleeping less and waking up earlier because I don’t dread the day quite as much! I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I felt this little amount of stress or was this happy. It’s a beautiful thing!
Today I want to share a recipe that will help you make your mornings that much better. Because what goes better with your morning coffee than a little somethin’ sweet? And what if I told you that you can kill two birds with one stone because the special secret ingredient in the cake can go right into your cup of Jo’ as well?
It’s true! Meet my new friend Simply Pure Coffee Creamer! I knew I wanted to run with the theme of morning coffee, but I wanted to put a unique spin on a sweet breakfast recipe to incorporate it. I checked my cupboards to see what ingredients I had on hand, and then was overjoyed to find that I could make these seriously deeeeelicious Vanilla Crumble Bars with a few simple staples. They involve all the basics that go into most baked goods of flour, sugar, and baking powder, but have an extra flavor kick from Vanilla Simply Pure that really makes this one of the best sweet recipes that I’ve made on ye here blog!
I’m talking, fluffiness levels out of control, perfectly sweet, an amazing crumble for texture, and a thick vanilla drizzle that just makes each bite heavenly! So, so good and definitely much better than anything you could get at your nearby chain coffeeshop. I think the amazing smells coming out of your oven as you bake this up is pretty much therapy ;). Baking therapy! I like it.
Simply Pure is a clean label coffee creamer that has just five simple, natural ingredients. Every day starts with your morning cup of coffee, so start your day off right and you’ll set yourself up to be the best version of yourself!
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Simply Pure vanilla coffee creamer
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2-3 tsp Simply Pure vanilla coffee creamer
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, Simply Pure vanilla coffee creamer, melted butter and egg and pour batter into a square 8x8 baking paper-lined baking dish.
- Make the crumble by stirring together the brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Once the Vanilla Crumble Bars are done cooling, make the drizzle by stirring together the vanilla creamer and powdered sugar. Spoon the drizzle over evenly and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.