Today I’m popping in with a quick, easy, and super delicious recipe for Asian Honey Sesame Green Beans! This recipe is a little bit of a mind-blower because it takes “eh” green beans and turns them into a seriously addictive snack. I threw this recipe together on a whim (it comes together in about 15 minutes) and inhaled almost a pound of the finished green beans. When’s the last time you heard someone say they “inhaled” a pound of green beans? Right?! That phrase speaks for itself.
What’s everyone been up to? I know I owe you guys a post-graduation post, but I just haven’t had it in me to write one up. Partly because I know it will be a little more of an intensive post that I want to sit down and take quality time to write it and partly because it’s a sad thing to talk about! I’m hoping that I’ll get to it when I’m on the long flight to Norway next Thursday and that the words will come easier once I start writing. In essence, I’m sad, but also relieved and I haven’t felt this unburdened from stress in a year or more. It’s the most amazing feeling. Life has been the most hectic whirlwind lately with me finishing my last final on Thursday, graduating on Saturday, completely packing and moving out of my house on Sunday, and shooting a Monday wedding. Whew!
But anyways, back to these green beans! If you’re looking for the perfect healthy side dish for any Asian-inspired meals, you’ve found your recipe. The soy sauce and honey give the green beans the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo and the sesame oil/seeds take them to a whole new level. Addictively good!
- 12 oz fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- Fill a large skillet or walk with about a ½ inch of water and bring to a boil. Steam the green beans by adding them and covering the skillet with a lid for roughly 2 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside. *don't overcook!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the ginger and garlic for 30-45 seconds being careful not to burn them. Add in the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the green beans, tossing to coat, and season with salt to taste.