But then you realize that sometimes, simple and easy is best. Recipes like this one for Simple Baked Squash and Potato Rounds means no fuss or mess (hooray for “making” the dish in a ziplock bag!) and equally delicious leftovers that can be transformed into something new.
And you know I’m alllll about leftovers. Kyle makes a killer breakfast hash out of these the next morning where he adds in eggs, cheese, onions, and some sort of meat (more bacon, please <3). Also, is it just me or does food taste a bajillion times better when someone else makes it for you? Hint hint… cough couch… FEED ME MORE KYLE.
So here ya go! A not-so-complex “recipe” that makes the perfect healthy side dish. Yummers.
- 2 cups mixed green and yellow squash, cut into rounds
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, cut into rounds
- ½ tbsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the squash, potatoes, garlic, garlic salt, pepper, parsley, and olive oil to a ziplock bag. Shake to combine and evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Place the potatoes and squash on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked.