Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

A healthy Crockpot breakfast casserole! SO delicious.

I love breakfast food. Whether is be in the form of my sweet Blueberry Pie Oatmeal or a few pieces of toast with peanut butter, the simplicity and ease of breakfast recipes make my heart sing. On weekends, though, I like to do a bit more to make my morning even more special by sitting down at the table with a hearty breakfast and cup of coffee. And this, my friends, is the heartiest!

This Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for a weekend brunch and makes plenty of leftovers that can be heated up for up to five days so you can enjoy it all week long! Fix it and forget it at its finest.

A healthy Crockpot breakfast casserole! SO delicious.

Last weekend, Kyle and I drove to the library for some early morning studying and productivity. I threw all the ingredients into the crockpot before we left, said a quick prayer to the food gods, and then returned a few hours later to an apartment bursting with delicious smells and a hot meal! Well, to be honest, not so hot since I promptly whipped out my camera and let the dish go cold as I tried to capture pictures to match how good it tasted. The lighting was bent on making that difficult and poor Kyle was left waiting hungrily for over an hour… rough life for that guy.

A healthy Crockpot breakfast casserole! SO delicious.

This recipe can serve a big crowd or, like I mentioned before, can be refrigerated and reheated. The beauty of this recipes comes in how much breakfast it packs into one bite. It tastes like a full restaurant meal of hash browns, scrambled eggs, omelets, and bacon all packed into one delicious slice! Did I mention it’s filled with a whooooleeee lotta veggies? They meld together with all the other ingredients to make a tasty and filling breakfast that even your picky eaters will love! One serving is 1/8th of the total recipe (a whopping big slice- hooray!) and has 320 calories, over 5g of fiber, and over 22g of protein. It’s a hearty way to start your day off right and keep you full throughout the morning!

A healthy Crockpot breakfast casserole! SO delicious.

4.0 from 5 reviews
Healthy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

A medley of hash browns, scrambled eggs, omelets, and bacon all packed into one hearty and delicious slice!
Author:
  • optional: 4 strips cooked bacon
  • ½ onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 bell peppers, roughly chopped
  • 1 small head of broccoli, roughly chopped
  • 6 oz cheddar cheese
Instructions
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
  2. Lightly grease the bottom of your crockpot. Place half the hash browns on the bottom. Layer with half the bacon, chopped onion, bell peppers, broccoli, and cheese. Add on the last half of the hash browns, then top with the rest of the veggies, bacon, and cheese. Pour all of the egg mixture on top.
  3. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low. Serve hot!
Notes
*Make sure to properly season your casserole! If you don't have garlic salt, replace it with salt and add in garlic powder or any other seasonings you love.

*The texture of this will be more spongy. If you prefer more texture to your bake, try using frozen diced potatoes instead.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: ⅛th recipe Calories: 320 Fat: 13.2g Saturated fat: 6.5g Carbohydrates: 29.6g Sugar: 1.9g Sodium: 700mg Fiber: 5.3g Protein: 22.1g Cholesterol: 215mg

A healthy Crockpot breakfast casserole! SO delicious.

(Visited 80,012 times, 331 visits today)

Comments

1. says

So you know I’m totally a sweet kind of girl when it comes to breakfast, but this… ughhhh… this looks amazing! I would have never even thought to cook eggs in a crock pot — genius, girly! And, as always, your pics are stunning. But poor Kyle having to wait that long! Ohhh to date a blogger ;)
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #79 .My Profile
  2. says

Breakfast.is.life. Seriously. This looks so yummy!! Crockpot meals are the best – no work for a meal bursting with flavor? Yes please! And don’t worry about it going cold. I do that every day I eat dinner haha. My mom gets so mad!
    Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted…Memorial Day WeekendMy Profile
  3. says

This really good and doable. I’m surprised that there is any sugar in it! I’m wondering if I assemble all of these ingredients the night before and then have it cook overnight. Thoughts?
    • says

Hmm I think things might get a little too mushy if you left it overnight- even if the settings were set to low. Unless you wake up in the middle of the nights, I think this recipe is best made for a 4 hour cook time! Let me know if you try it and if it works out for you though :).
      • erica says

I literally just made it and at the 4 hour mark on low it’s still very liquidy in the center. Maybe it needs a couple more hours or some time in the oven?? Help! Lol :) thanks!
    • says

What if you don’t have a crock pot? Would love to make this for Father’s Day – Sick and tired of omelets, bagels, & lox.
  4. says

I forgot broccoli, would it be possible to substitute frozen spinach? Also will be making day before for a work birthday. How long should I reheat?
  5. says

What makes morning perfect is to wake up and eat a wonderful breakfast just like this. I will definitely try this for my breakfast. Very wonderful!
  6. Nicole says

I just literally put this together. I saw it and my pregnant belly just knew I had to have it! However, is there any way I can cook it for two hours on low and then switch it to high to speed up the cooking? Has this been done? How long will I have to cook remainder for if it is possible? Thanks!
  7. Nicole says

Is there any way I can cook for a couple hours on slow, and then turn to hight to speed up the cooking?:)
    • says

Hi Confused Vegan, I’m confused as well! As far as I know, I haven’t linked this recipe to a vegan site or claimed it was vegan (it’s definitely not). If an outside source linked to it, I’m sorry!

Trackbacks

1. […] A crockpot breakfast casserole: For those fall days when you just don’t want to cook. Toss the ingredients in your slow cooker and walk away. Come dinner time, you’ll have a filling mountain of comfort food, enough to feed a crew of hungry hippos. Make this recipe healthier by grating your own potatoes for the hash browns instead of buying them pre-made and frozen — and double to veggies! Load up the peppers and broc and cut the cheese in half. […]
  2. […] A crockpot breakfast casserole: For those fall days when you just don’t want to cook. Toss the ingredients in your slow cooker and walk away. Come dinner time, you’ll have a filling mountain of comfort food, enough to feed a crew of hungry hippos. Make this recipe healthier by grating your own potatoes for the hash browns instead of buying them pre-made and frozen — and double to veggies! Load up the peppers and broc and cut the cheese in half. […]