So I’ve been sitting here for the last 10 minutes trying to think of some catchy or fun way to start off this post. Maybe it’s the physics homework I did, or the fact that the pictures for this recipe are making the tum tum grumble, but I’m having a huge brain fart right now. And now I’m reconsidering if I want to use the word “fart” in a post that’s supposed to be about making you guys drool over a recipe. Eeeeek. Please still like me!
ANYWAYS. Going away from bodily noises and over to the food! You know me, I love smooth transitions.
What I love about this recipe (other than how delicious it is, of course), is how simple, fresh, and healthy it is. You got yo’ healthy fats from that creamy avocado, a tangy-sweet protein-punch from the shrimp, and those bites of juicy red tomato. Better yet? It’s done in less than 15 minutes and is perfect served hot or cold!
I’m a big fan of the salty-sweet combo and loved how the ingredients combined together! Each bite of shrimp is a mouthful of different flavors and the slight hotness of the red pepper flakes is cooled down by the avocado. It’s a super healthy alternative to other fried shrimp dishes (I’m looking at you, Panda Express, and your honey walnut shrimp), but will leave you feeling energized from a light and tasty meal rather than weighed-down by all that grease.
All in all, this recipe has 25 grams of protein, 4.8 grams of fiber, and only 300 calories per serving. Looking for a low carb recipe? This dish has only 12.5 grams of total carbs and will make your tastebuds dance!
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- ½ tbsp honey
- ¾ lb. Shrimp
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in the garlic, sautéing for 1 minute.
- Add in the honey, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just done. Don’t overcook!
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Add in the diced avocado, tomato and lime juice.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve hot or cold!