Can we just take a look at these for a second, please?
Actually maybe we should take a few minutes. Or hours. I could stare at these babies 4eva.
Gooey. Stuffed with big chunks of dark chocolate. Topped with the most delicious peanut butter frosting you’ve ever had! Seriously, I could swim in that frosting and probably ate a good quarter of it straight out of the bowl before topping the brownies.
It’s a frosting-casualty that I’m willing to sacrifice.
You know, me and brownie go waaaaaay back. They probably come in second as my favorite dessert (apple pie will always hold the gold medal in my heart), and I ain’t no brownie snob either. Give me a pre-made box of brownie mix and I’m as happy as a clam. A clam with brownie batter smothered all over its shell. What am I talking about again?
Oh yeah, these.
They’re made entirely from scratch, but come together ridiculously quickly. I can probably have the batter done in less than 10 minutes, and that’s with me stealing bites every 4 seconds. Yes, that’s right. 4 seconds to be exact. The base layer of these gorgeous little love bites comes from Something Swanky. I found her recipe off Pinterest (also you should follow me so you can see all 9 million recipes I’ve pinned) a few months ago, and don’t think I’ll ever use another brownie recipe again. Thick, fudgy, and with big ol’ chunks of chocolate. What more could you possibly want?
And now I really need to get back to talking about this frosting. I want to spend all of my waking hours combining butter and powdered sugar and peanut butter and happiness and then eat it out of the mixer with a spoon the size of my face while watching Game of Thrones on the couch. Very specific, I know, but that’s my dream in life.
It’s just so light and fluffy and perfectly sweet that I can’t even handle it. I just want to nosh all over it SO HARD. And you will too, once you try it.
Please, please make these. You will thank me.
Brownie Base from Something Swanky
- Brownie Base:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 1 tbsp half and half or cream
- ½ cup packed peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs, then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing till just combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Bake in a 9x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, half and half, and peanut butter. Try not to eat all of it out of the bowl.
- Layer the frosting over the brownies and spread it out evenly. Cut into pieces and enjoy!