While I do as much strength training as I do cardio, I’m pretty bad about getting in enough protein for the amount of working out I do. I’m a carb-girl (my laptop just auto-corrected that to crab girl, yes, computer, I’m a crustacean) at heart and would much rather have a bowl of pasta or oats than a chicken breast. Along with that, I’m not a huge fan of protein shakes and I find that most store-brought protein bars can get pretty expensive.
That’s why I’m in love with these White Chocolate Cranberry Protein Bars. They taste like a candy bar and are smothered in white chocolate, but also are sizable, filling, and have 9 grams of protein. This way, I can have my carbs and eat them too!
As always, I would really appreciate it if you could help share these on Pinterest! (Just hover over any of the pictures to pin!) Thank YOU!
They’re absolutely perfect with a warm cup of coffee or tea and genuinely taste good. And not in a “LOL OMGZ this is sooo good for healthier food” way, but in a “I want to eat this for dessert” way. In fact, I’m nibbling on one right now and just got a piece with a big glob of chocolate on it. Sugar euphoria!
But in all seriousness, this recipe is delicious! I highly recommend it if you’re tired of eating protein bars with ingredients you can’t pronounce, or if you’re just looking for a genuinely tasty snack.
Also, shoutout to Amanda for inspiring me with her Almond Fudge Protein Bars! If the white chocolate and cranberry combo ain’t your thangg, you can’t go wrong with her recipe!
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup wheat bran
- 1⅓ cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups rice krispies cereal
- ⅓ cup dried craisins
- 4 tbsps honey
- 9 tbsps almond butter
- 3½ tbsps water
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, wheat bran, protein powder, rice krispies cereal and craisins. Stir until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the honey almond butter, water and vanilla extract. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- In a greased 9 inch square cake pan (or a similar sized pan), press the protein bar mixture firmly into the pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips with ½-1 tbsp milk and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Drizzle over the bars.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before cutting in 12 bars. Enjoy!