I know, I know.
Avocados and chocolate? What the heck? I’ll I can say is, don’t judge it till you try it.
I first became a big fan of the combination when I tried my Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles back in August. They became one of my most popular recipes and have gotten rave reviews from readers who have tried them! They were featured on Greatist, as well as adapted by The Detoxinista, where a huge number of people have reported that they tried them and were amazed at how rich and delicious they taste :). If you need any convincing, just go check out some of the comments on my truffles or on the Detoxinista’s page!
Anyways, these Fudgy Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies are just as good and oozing chocolate flavor and decadence. I mean, just check out that chocolate gooey-ness! The avocado completely replaces all the butter that normal cookies are made with and add a wonderful richness without adding any avocado flavor.
It’s a cookie miracle!
I can’t stress enough how tasty these are. And not in your “this is pretty good for being healthier”, but genuinely mouthwatering. If you dished these fudgy cookies up to a bunch of kids or brought them to a potluck, no one would be able to tell that avocados make up the primary fat source!
- 1 ripe avocado, finely mashed
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set. Don't over-bake!