Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash

Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash. Packed with 22g of protein and 9g of fiber!

“Pin me, I’m tasty!”- Hash

Most mornings, I’m lazy when it comes to breakfast. My go-to meal to start my day lately has been microwavable brown sugar banana oatmeal, which takes all of 30 seconds to throw together and another two minutes in the microwave. While it’s delicious, easy, and fast, there are days (especially the day after lifting weights) where I find myself hungry an hour later and know that I need more in the protein department of things.

Enter: Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash!

Healthy Edamame and Sweet Potato Hash. Protein-packed and one of my favorite breakfasts!  (22g protein and 9g fiber)

Not only is it absolutely delicious and bursting with all the good things in life (read: bacon), it packs in a ton of different nutrients, flavors, textures, and, of course, protein!

Let’s break down the cast of characters:

Sweet Potato: the sweet potato brings in that mouthwatering sweet and salty combination, as well as the vitamins B6, C, and D, which help in preventing heart attacks, warding off the cold and flu, and maintaining energy levels, moods, and building healthy bones. Not only that, but they also contain fiber, which helps to keep you full and your poop happy! (Did I really just type that…)

(Source)

Edamame: not only does it have a vibrant coloring (I want my next Kitchenaid Mixer to come in the shade “edamame”), but it’s also rich in protein, vitamin C, manganese, and copper! Manganese helps your metabolism, regulates your blood sugar levels, and helps keep your nervous system alive and kickin’. Hooray, manganese! Copper plays an important role in managing energy, boosting your immune system, and strengthening your bones. You go, Glen Copper!

(Source)

Bacon: well, it’s delicious and makes everything better.

A Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash with 22g protein and 9g fiber. So yummy! Make a big batch and have a tasty and filling breakfast for the rest of the week!

5.0 from 5 reviews
Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Delicious, good for you, and packed with protein!
Author:
Serves: 3
Ingredients
  • 3 strips bacon
  • ½ tbsp olive oil
  • 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
  • 1 shallot, roughly chopped
  • 1 medium cooked sweet potato, diced
  • 2 cups frozen edamame, defrosted
  • salt & pepper
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • tbsps green onion, chopped
Instructions
  1. Cook bacon in a large skillet. Set bacon aside, reserving the bacon fat in the pan.
  2. Add olive oil to the skillet and cook the bell pepper, shallot, and sweet potato on medium heat until the vegetables are cooked, but crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
  3. Add in the edamame and heat together for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
  4. Stir in the chopped green onion.
  5. Serve hot!
Notes
*To speed things along, cook the sweet potato in the microwave for 4-5 minutes or until fork-tender.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: ⅓ recipe Calories: 270 Fat: 12.2g Saturated fat: 2.7g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 4.5g Sodium: 385mg Fiber: 8.7g Protein: 22.2g Cholesterol: 10mg

Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash. Packed with 22g protein and 9g fiber. Delicious! I’m linking up to WIAW to help share this tasty dish! Thanks, Jenn for hosting!

(Visited 3,748 times, 13 visits today)

Comments

1. says

What a flavor & beautifully colored dish. You mind if I come over for breakfast? Afterwards we can go shopping & then have your man whip us up some awesome sandwiches on his painini maker? :)
    Jessie recently posted…Volcanic ActivityMy Profile
  2. says

So I guess this is what you were talking about, huh? Haha this looks so delicious! You’re so right about needing more protein some mornings. Sometimes, I’m good with just cereal, but many mornings I need something moooore. This looks so good and as you know I love edamame!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile
  3. says

:lol: I love what you said about bacon ;) I’m still not quite on board with being able to give up my oats for breakfast, but this dish looks amazing and I could definitely see it happening for lunch or dinner. The only thing is… I’ve never had edamame. I know, I know — blasphemy. It’s on my to-do list ;)
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 2/2 .My Profile
  4. says

Mmmm, this looks DIVINE. Sweet potato just makes the world a better place. I’ve actually only ever had edamame once in a salad, but I remember really enjoying it – after being super weirded out by having no idea what I was eating, hah. I’m awake two hours early this morning, so this probably would have happened if only I had some edamame. Darn. ;)
    Emma @ Life’s A Runner recently posted…My Half Marathon Training PlanMy Profile
  5. says

I love any kind of ‘hash’! It is so easy to make and you literally just throw random contents in and it turns out delicious every time. I’m an oats girl during the week but I like to switch things up on the weekend and get creative.
  6. says

I know I’m crazy, but I don’t like bacon. At all. It just doesn’t taste good! And I’ve never had edamame before. Major health nut no-no. But yet, this still sounds fantastic. I don’t really like savory for breakfast (I need my peanut butter) but I can definitely see this for dinner! Also, I have the word “poop” in my next recipe post – good to know I’m not the only one ;)
    Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted…Weekend SnapshotsMy Profile
  7. says

Aww, that intro quote was adorable! :D

I sound like a broken record, but I will say it once again, you have my mouth WATERING. Like.. what. You’re coming up with the most amazing recipes.

Three delicious foods in the same hash?! I am OBSESSED with sweet potato, edamame is yummy, and bacon? Do I even need to explain?

We soooooo need to have a day (or week..) full of cooking and baking together. ;)
    Natalie @ lovenataliemarie recently posted…Thank You (Personal Post)My Profile

Trackbacks

1. […] Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash – Apple of My Eye – … and protein packed Healthy Edamame Sweet Potato Hash that will leave you … Healthy and fresh recipes from my kitchen to yours! ≡ Menu. Home; About … Major health nut no-no. But yet, this still sounds fantastic. I don’t really like savory for breakfast (I need my peanut butter) but I … […]