A couple days ago, Kyle and I went to town with getting a few recipes ready for Apple of My Eye. Let me tell ya, cooking is exhausting. We were both more than ready to take a nap after and recharged by eating a half gallon of S’mores ice-cream while watching Netflix on the couch. We make a good team.
It doesn’t get much easier than this! Ready in literally 10 minutes from start to finish, it’s bursting with flavor, color, and nutrition to boot! It makes the perfect healthy side dish and pairs well with so many different main dishes. Kyle and I were definitely thankful that this recipe came together so quickly after all our other cooking endeavors!
Bok Choy is a powerhouse of vitamin A and C and one cup of the tasty vegetable contains more that 100% of your recommended vitamin A and 75% of your recommended vitamin C. Along with that, it has only 9 calories per shredded cup and is the perfect way to balance out a heavier meal, like the Brown Sugar Glazed Asian Beef I paired it with. (Recipe to come this week- it’s a long-time family favorite!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely diced,
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 cups raw bok choy
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet or pot.
- Add in the ginger and garlic, stirring constantly for 15 seconds and making sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add in the bok choy, stir frying 2-3 minutes or until cooked but still crunchy.
- Drizzle the soy sauce on the bok choy and sprinkle on the toasted sesame seeds, tossing to combine.
- Season with red pepper flakes to taste.