I know, I know, this makes two pumpkin recipes in less than 3 days. If I keep it up, I’ll be turning bright orange and secreting pumpkin spice from my skin (I actually think the second symptom sounds a-okay).
But, YOU GUYS, there are some recipes you just can’t not share, like these Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Walnut Streusel. I mean, I just want to eat the name of the recipe itself.
This may be a bold statement, but I think that these muffins, along with my Pumpkin Spice Apple Butter recipe, are two of my favorite pumpkin recipes of all time. For me, they both embody the comforts of Fall and I know that they will be making another appearance soon!
If my testimony isn’t enough, my friends are always glad to help. I’m lucky that I have plenty of willing taste testers around me, and none of them guessed that these little jewels were made with almost all whole wheat flour and only two tbsps of butter! The only comments I got on them involved “OMG these are so good” and even my non-pumpkin loving friend said that they were delicious!
As a matter of fact, the entire batch was eaten in one day.
Please pin this image if you’re pinning to Pinterst :)!
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg+ 3 egg whites
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tbsp oats
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a mixer or separate bowl, beat the egg, egg whites, and pumpkin puree together until combines.
- Mix in the olive oil, both sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the flour mixture and wet mixture, stirring to just combine.
- Grease a muffin pan and fill each section a little more than half way.
- To make the streusel, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, using a fork or your hands to make rough crumbs. Top each unbaked muffin equally with the crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
- Optional: drizzle with powdered sugar mixed with milk!
I’m also linking up to WIAW to share! Take a look at some other great eats: