Happy Monday everyone! It’s especially marvelous for me since I’m headed to Hawaii today!
Since I haven’t posted in a few days, I have lots of wonderful things to share with you guys, notably this healthy (er) banana nut muffin/bread recipe! Trust me on this one, it’s actually REALLY good. I sometimes feel like people try to over-healthify recipes, which result in things that taste a bit like cardboard and take away from the treat itself. While these don’t have the nutritional profile of kale, they taste fabulous and are filling to boot. They’re even better as time goes on and the flavors start to develop. I’ve been enjoying one or two each day with breakfast or before a workout! Try them!
- 1 cup flour
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 1 egg+3 egg whites
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup oil of choice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in walnuts.
- In a mixer or separate bowl, beat bananas until smooth. Add the egg and egg whites, beating to combine.
- Mix in the lemon zest and juice, oil, both sugars.
- Slowly combine the flour mixture and wet mixture, stirring to just combine.
- Grease a muffin pan and fill each section a little more than half way.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
- **OR grease a loaf pan and fill halfway. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy with your morning coffee!
Marvelous is relaxing beach runs!
Since I live by the coast in California, I’m lucky in that I get to escape a lot of the summer heat! I enjoyed a 4 mile run on the beach with my younger cousin. He’s actually ridiculously fast (think a personal record of 4:40 minute/mile), but asked me to take him on a nice and slow recovery run. The breeze was a dream and we got to watch a beautiful sunset! I love it when runs leave you feeling worked out, yet wonderful at the end
I love family BBQs and spent some time with my younger cousins by the pool. There’s something about little kids that bring out the life and excitement in everyone.
Kyle and I grabbed some asian food before seeing Pacific Rim. I actually thought it was a really fantastic movie! To be honest, I usually get bored during longer movies, but this one really held my attention because of its interesting plot and great effects.
I can’t stop raving about how delicious this pie was. Everyone was stunned to hear that this smooth and rich dessert was made with tofu as one of the main ingredients! I hardly could believe it myself- it tasted like it was made with heavy whipping cream! Unbelievable. Recipe to come soon
We spent some quality time shopping at Home Depot and making some backdrops for my photography. The project turned out really well and we got all of the supplies for less than $20! Score!
Hope everyone has a fantastic week!