I mean, when a recipe title starts with the words “garlic” and “parmesan”, can it go wrong?
I’ll be the first to admit that I was never the biggest brussels sprouts fan growing up. In fact, it was on of my LEAST favorite vegetables. My mom would boil them and make me eat a few and I couldn’t get over the bitter taste. Then, we started throwing brussels sprouts into the oven and it changed my entire perception of the veggie!
BOOM. Instantly sold. They went from my least favorite veggies to one of my all-time favorites. And these Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, my friends, are like crack.
Don’t believe me? You NEED to make them. The garlic and parm bring the most delicious, savory flavors and the roasting process leaves the sprouts caramelized and yummy. All hints of bitterness are gone and I could seriously eat them all day long.
This recipe will revolutionize your brussels sprout perception!
- 1½ lbs brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- While the brussels sprouts are baking, heat a little olive oil in small pan and toast the panko bread crumbs until browned, stirring constantly to not burn them.
- Remove the sprouts from the oven and top with the parmesan and toasted breadcrumbs.